Saturday 22 June 2013

Board tested and leaving come morning

Most of you by now are probably thinking that Nick has just gone to Alaska for the ultimate 'Man' shopping trip. Well, Nick wrote to me last night with his final thoughts before leaving dry land.

"Hey Sean! We have until tomorrow morning, then we leave. I have realised since being here what a big, big undertaking this really is and I'm thankful for the extra time here on dry land to get properly prepared. The jet lag has been really heavy which isn't helped by the fact that it never seems to get dark here.

My experiences even this far have given me loads of great ideas on our ESUPing plans back in the UK. Also, a much clearer idea on how the boards need to be loaded up so that to better distribute the weight so that the trim isn't effected so much when paddling. I tested out my theories this morning on a test run I organised and it's so important to get it right.

Weather is incredible. It's really warm but Jeff has said that it could kick-start a mosquito frenzy, meaning that we are more likely to be hassled by the mozzies than the bears! Personally, I will be holding the bears at the centre of my attention!"

No comments:

Post a Comment