Saturday 22 June 2013

Into the wild he goes


Unfortunately, Nick has been Nick and forgotten to send us any picks of his fully loaded board as he set off today. However, he has written to me with what he thinks might be the last update for the next 8 days.

"So today is D-Day... We're off! I tested the board with 2/3rds of the kit on it last night. Its a lot, but the board performed to a 'doable' level. I'm praying on having no wind for the first day. I want to at least make it into the wilderness! I'll deal with the rest when I'm out there!

I woke at 3.30am with a million things running through my head and although im definately super excited, I can help but feel a little anxious. I guess that for once, this isnt a trip that i can 'just do'. This trip makes me feel 100% human which actually makes me a little vulnerable for a change. Not in a girl way though, obviously!

Depending on signal, this could well be the last update from me for the next 8 days. Of course I wil contact you as soon as I return to civilisation and with any luck I should be armed with some pretty good stories! Cheers for now!"

Nick is about to be the first documented ESUPer to brave the wilderness of Alaska. This is a pretty big deal and I am personally really excited to learn about the entire experience. It's massively inspiring! I will keep you up-dated as and when I hear from Nick, but until then, Check out the ESUP page over at http://www.wesup.co.uk/#!esup/c20kw and try to imagine your own exploration adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment