Wednesday 19 June 2013

Nick Lands!

Just had the first contact from Nick since landing. Sounds like he's already having heaps of fun! Pig in shit is the English phrase that comes to mind!

"This is the great outdoors on steroids! The animals are big, the trucks are big and the environment looks pretty full on. Its 5am in the morning now but I cant sleep! I just want to pump my inflatable up and check it out but it'll wake everyone. Not sure about doing it outside either... the B&B owner said that they get regular bear sightings in the town!! Also not sure about sleeping with the window open but Jeff said I'd better get used to it seeing as I am about to spend the next 10 days in a tent!! Also, I just made made my first few purchases;

  • Bear Spray - Im aiming to bring it home fully charged or totally empty with a fucking scary story!!
  • Mosquito net and repellent that has a warning on it 'WILL BURN THROUGH PVC'.
  • A knife but a bigger one will be bought later
  • And a Pocket Rocket...
I think Nick has set the tone nicely for the coming posts and I for one am banking on that Bear spray coming home empty!! Hahaha!!



1 comment:

  1. Brilliant Nick, I bet the bear spray comes home empty! But I'm thinking if the bear comes across a hungry Nick, the bear will be using it not the other way round.....

    ReplyDelete